2017 Nominations Now Being Accepted
Since 2006, the Lake County Stormwater Management Commission (SMC) Stormwater Awards Program has recognized outstanding efforts by organizations, communities, groups, and individuals for projects and other proactive and innovative efforts to improve water quality, reduce flooding, and help restore the natural drainage system. If you know of something or someone who fits this description, please nominate them for one of the following award categories:
- Community of the Year
- Best Management Practice of the Year
- Development of the Year
- Education, Outreach, and Media Award
- Richard A. Welton Stormwater Manager of the Year
- Stewardship of the Year
Nominations due Dec. 1, 2017. Please email your nomination in PDF format, or mail to LCSMC, 2017 Stormwater Awards, 500 W. Winchester Road, Suite 201, Libertyville, IL 60048.
For more information, contact Haley Meents, 847-377-7714.
- Best Management Practice (BMP) and Development - Given for project or development that is designed and implemented with effective Best Management Practices to meet multi-objective benefits.
- Community - A community who has participated in and/or led an effort to improve the watershed or components thereof.
- Education, Outreach and Media - Individual reporter, newspaper, magazine, website, or other medium that has devoted articles or a series of articles on topics related to stormwater and floodplain management.
- Stewardship - Volunteer individual or group who has shown exemplary leadership and service to improve a watershed via an innovative project or another proactive activity that changes how we approach watershed issues.
- Richard A. Welton Stormwater Manager - A professional stormwater practitioner, professional group/individual, local/state/federal agency/individual that has positively impacted one or more of Lake County’s watersheds.
Past Award Winners
View archive of past winners.