Designated Erosion Control Inspector Program (DECI)
DECI Relisting - Open now through Monday, March 13, 2017
2017 DECI Workshop Presentations (January 5)
1. SMC Opening Comments (PDF)
2. Case Study – Sun Lake Watermain Installation (PDF)
3. DECI Inspections 102 (PDF)
4. Winter Site Stabilization (PDF)
5. Case Study – ESSD Two Stage Channel (PDF)
6. Case Study – LCDOT Peterson Rd. (PDF)
7. Municipal Drone Use (PDF)
Field Inspection Form
If you would like to receive a fillable Word version of the DECI Field Inspection Form, email .
The is available to take online.
DECI Continuing Education
There are several opportunities available for continuing education. The following is a partial list of options that SMC has reviewed and approved:
- Encap, Inc. offers a series of short (3-5 minute) videos, "The Erosion Control Minute," on a variety of topics that are very applicable to the DECI program. The series archive may be found online. SMC will approve 0.25 continuing education hours per video watched.
- RedVector is an online resource for a variety of professional education opportunities. A couple SMC approved courses are:
- RV – 10991 Designing Temporary Erosion and Sediment Control Systems
- RV – 10992 Designing Permanent Erosion and Sediment Control Systems
- RV – 10362 Stormwater Discharges from Construction Activities
- PDHOnline is an online resource for a variety of professional education opportunities. A couple SMC approved courses are:
- C142 - Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans and Best Management Practices - 4 hours
- C188 - Soil Erosion and Sediment Control - 3 hours
Take both of these approved courses as an alternate to a DECI workshop.