Board of Health
Board of Health meetings will be held remotely
Pursuant to 7(e) of the Open Meetings Act, the regularly scheduled meetings of the Board of Health will be held remotely by video and audio conferencing, with limited in-person public attendance available, for the remaining 2020 dates listed below or until such time as the proclamation is revoked or expires.
Public comment will be accommodated at all meetings. Instructions on how to submit public comment and attend regularly scheduled meetings remotely or in person will be included with the meeting agenda which will be posted on the Lake County Calendar, https://lakecounty.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx, prior to all meetings.
Meetings of the Committees of the Board of Health are scheduled as needed. As those meetings are scheduled, the committee name, date, time, video and audio conferencing link, public comment and attendance language, and agenda will be posted under “Board of Health Committees” as noted at the bottom of this web page.
The Board of Health’s primary responsibility is to establish those purposes, programs, and procedures which will best prevent disease and promote health among Lake County residents. The Board is charged with accomplishing this while also being responsible for the management of resources available to the Lake County Health Department.
- 6 p.m.
- Fourth Wednesday of the month, unless otherwise noted
- Held remotely as noted above
2020 Meeting Dates
- January 15, 2020
- February 26, 2020
- March 25, 2020 (Virtual)
- April 22, 2020
- May 27, 2020
- June 24, 2020 (Special Meeting)
- July 15, 2020 (Joint Budget Committee Meeting with Governing Council)
- July 22, 2020
- August 26, 2020
- September 23, 2020
- October 28, 2020
- November 18, 2020 (third Wednesday in November due to the Thanksgiving Holiday the following week)
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
In an effort to keep citizens aware of the Health Department and Community Health Center activities, Board of Health meeting agendas and minutes are placed on the internet.
- T.E. Sashko, President
- Carl B. Hagstrom, D.D.S., Vice President
- Jay Ehrlich, M.D., Member-At-Large
- Frank Belmonte, D.O.
- Sylvia Johnson Jones, Ed.D.
- Kristen Mittl Pollina, Psy.D
- Tracey L. Schultz
- Wendy Rheault, PhD.
Board of Health Committees
- Friday, October 23, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.
- Friday, August 21, 2020 at 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday, July 16, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 28, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 26, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 22, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
Environmental Health Advisory Committee
Quarterly meetings are held at noon in the second floor conference room of the Central Permit Facility, 500 W. Winchester Road, Libertyville, unless otherwise noted. 2020 dates are as follows:
- February 3, 2020
- May 18, 2020 [CANCELLED]
- August 17, 2020 [CANCELLED]
- November 16, 2020