The Ordinance Open House was only one step in the process. If you were unable to attend the meeting, please submit your comments electronically through the project website. Your feedback is very important to us and we want to hear from you!
Division of Transportation
The Lake County Division of Transportation (LCDOT) is updating our permitting process and current ordinances regulating highway access and utility placement. We have completed drafts of the Lake County Highway Access and Use Ordinance, and the accompanying Technical Reference Manual. The public comment period for the proposed Lake County Highway Access and Use Ordinance and the accompanying proposed Technical Reference Manual is now closed. Thank you for your comments. We hope to adopt this new ordinance and manual by the end of the summer.
Proposed Lake County Highway Access and Use Ordinance
Proposed Technical Reference Manual
The Lake County Health Department's Environmental Health Services is reviewing and updating two ordinances: Chapter 173: Food Service Regulations, and the Environmental Health Fees Schedule. A public hearing will be held Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. at the Lake County Department of Transportation, 600 W. Winchester Rd, Libertyville, IL.
- Public Hearing NOTICE – March 19, 2019
- Proposed Changes to Environmental Health Fees Schedule
- Proposed Changes to Chapter 171
- Proposed Changes to Chapter 171 – Revised Sections Only
- BRIEF Summary Revisions to Chapter 171
Planning, Building and Development
Lake County Planning, Building and Development is reviewing and updating ordinance standards related to zoning, site development, approval standards, and public processes for properties/projects in unincorporated areas of Lake County. View the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) Amendments Executive Summary for additional details about the proposed changes. Information on the following topics will be available at the open house, with the possibility for focus groups to convene for those topics with significant interest at a later date:
- Rural Business - Introduce regulations to allow low impact business operations on larger parcels in low density areas.
- Local Food - Create opportunities for local food production/processing by codifying best practices.
- Solar Energy - Conduct Best Management Practice (BMP) research and update UDO to address advancing technology, consumer demand, and to consider local government regulations.
- Landscaping - “Right-size” landscape and reforestation requirements, incorporate flexibility in composition and placement of plantings, highlight BMPs and recognize native grasses.
- Streamlining and other changes to Subdivisions and Planned Unit Developments (PUDs) - Establish sidewalk and alleys standards, consolidate and streamline PUD processes and procedures, and consolidate assurance requirements.
Lake County Public Works is reviewing and updating three major ordinances: the Sewer Use Ordinance, the Pretreatment Ordinance, and the Water Use Ordinance.These ordinances are being revised and consolidated to update definitions and references, clarify requirements, include Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) mandated programs, and better reflect the current operations and procedures of Lake County Public Works.
Sewer Use Ordinance
Stormwater Management Commission (SMC)
Contacts for Additional Questions:
- Division of Transportation, Joe Meyer - Email, 847-377-7437
- Health Department, Lisa Kroeger - Email, 847-377-8118
- Planning, Building, & Development, Hannah Mulroy - Email, 847-377-2187
- Public Works, Heather Galan - Email, 847-377-7141
- Stormwater Management Commission, Kelcey Traynoff - Email, 847-377-7711